Cambridge Area Utilities
Well-planned Sewer and Water Infrastructure
Businesses locating in Cambridge can be assured that the City's sewer and water infrastructure is well-planned and managed. A long term Capital Improvement Plan brings together engineering and financial considerations, ensuring smooth operation and predictable costs for these essential services.
Dependable Water Service
|Provider||City of Cambridge|
|Storage Capacity||1.3 million gallons|
|Pumping Capacity||3,930 gallons/minute|
|Average Demand||1,359,017 gallons/day|
|Total Water Hardness||19 grains or 326 ppm|
|Industrial Water Rate||per 1000 gallons
0 to 6,000 $3.96
6,001 to 20,000 $4.50
Over 20,001 $5.03
|Plus Base Rate of $12.43|
Award-Winning Wastewater Treatment Facility
|Provider||City of Cambridge|
|Treatment Type||Extended aeration|
|Capacity of Plant||1.84 million gallons/day|
|Available Capacity||1.11 million gallons/day|
|Average Demand||730,000 gallons/day|
|Peak Demand||1,010,000 gallons/day|
|Usage Charge||per 1000 gallons
0 to 6,000 $3.57
6,001 to 20,000 $3.97
Over 20,001 $4.46
|Plus Base Rate of $22.07|
Electricity & Natural Gas
Competitively Priced Electricity and Natural Gas
East Central Energy and CenterPoint Energy Minnegasco provide reliable, competitively priced electricity and natural gas to hundreds of business users in Isanti County.
East Central Energy »
ECE is a member-owned electric cooperative. Formed in 1936, we currently provide electric service to more than 59,000 homes, farms, and businesses in east central Minnesota and northwestern Wisconsin. There are many ways you can save on energy costs through our programs, efficiency rebates and incentives. Call 1-800-254-7944 to speak with the Business Accounts Specialist for your service area.
Extensive Business Services
East Central Energy offers extensive business services, including:
- Free walk-through audits of commercial and industrial facilities
- $250,000 in below-market financing for land, buildings, electrical machinery and equipment
- $1.5 million in financing through the Minnesota Community Capital Fund for land, buildings, electrical machinery and equipment
- Bi-monthly e-newsletter on ways to conserve energy, take advantage of technology advancements and expand business
- Energy efficiency rebates for lighting, motors, variable frequency drives, high efficiency electrical machinery and equipment
- Significantly reduced rates for business customers that install standby generators
- High speed wireless internet service from Wild Blue
CenterPoint Energy/Minnegasco »
CenterPoint Energy is the largest natural gas distribution company in Minnesota. Started in Minneapolis 130 years ago, it now serves more than 700,000 residential and business customers in 240 Minnesota communities.
The company makes businesses more efficient by providing training, equipment and custom consulting services. It also offers commercial/industrial rebates for:
- Installing a new high-efficiency heating system
- Retrofitting an existing heating system to reduce energy costs
- Tuning up a boiler to enhance performance, safely and efficiency
- Installing or upgrading new high-efficiency natural gas equipment
- Customizing the most energy-efficient processes and equipment for individual operations
Telecommunications & Internet Service Providers
WindStream is a full-service telecommunications firm offering voice, long-distance, high-speed Internet, data networks (T1, Ethernet), and telephone systems to five communities north of the metro area. A large of its customer base is in Cambridge. In fact, it serves 80% of the business community and a third of the residential. NorthStar's local office is known for providing "a level of personal service that is unheard of in the telecom industry."
Cambridge is part of CenturyLink's Twin Cities calling zone, the largest in the country. Local businesses benefit by not incurring long-distance charges when calling metro suppliers or customers.
Genesis Wireless »
Braham-based Genesis Wireless provides custom wireless broadband to businesses, government, schools and medical groups throughout east central Minnesota. It also offers high-speed Internet, Web hosting, domain management, networking solutions and dial-up service.
Midcontinent offers a host of video entertainment and communication products ranging from digital video to advanced state-of-the-art broad ban Internet access and digital phone sevices.